Friday, March 11, 2016

Birthday Reflections


I absolutely adore birthdays, especially when its not my own. I know it sounds silly, but I truly love spoiling someone else for 1 day out of the year. It is so special to me to be able to make someones day by just wishing them a happy birthday. However, this year I decided to indulge in my own birthday and let me tell you, it was fantastic!

My first year out of college I had no idea what to expect, let alone where I would even be living. It is so inspiring to be able to reflect upon where I was last year and be able to say I am exactly where I wished I would be when I thought of my future 1 year ago. I am happy, healthy, and loving my career. How much better can it get?

Here's a little recap of my birthday week (because a day just isn't enough):

~ The most beautiful cake my thoughtful coworkers got me. I mean cake for lunch on your birthday is a must!
~ My SO took me to my favorite restaurant, I love this place so much and mostly because of the history behind it. This beautiful sycamore tree has been here as a staple of the community since 1806. The sight of this tree (below) lit up from miles away makes for the most special night every time we go! Not to mention, their RIBS are too die for!!
~ Lastly, just a few things that were beyond touching to me, and that let me try my hand at a flat lay (eeek!). From all the kitty goodies (I love my fur baby kitten) to this gorgeous Tiffany necklace from the 90's, each of these meant so much to me to receive! I felt so much love on my birthday, from the sweet birthday wishes to the greatest of gifts, each meant so much to me! I recently have been saving corks to mark new moments, and felt this years birthday cork was one worth remembering.









I am beyond fortunate to have found my little place in the world where I feel comfortable, driven, inspired, and supported. I cannot wait to see how this blog, and new identity as Twenty Rose will have an impact on this new year! Stepping out of my shell to finally start this blog was the icing on the cake (pun intended) to a fantastic year. I still cannot believe it took me so long to take the plunge, but could not be more

So cheers to birthdays, celebrating yourself, and achieving your goals no matter how small or large they may be! I wish you all as much happiness in life as I have currently found.

xoxo,
Twenty Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment